Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June bloom

Another month gone and here we are on the first day of June.

I certainly hope this June will be much nicer than last year's...for those of you lucky enough to have missed it, it did not stop raining throughout the entire month and it was frigid!

If today is anything to go by, we are obiviously in for an unpredictable month...so it's a toss up. But as for me, I am hoping for bright skies, strong rays and sandy beaches... as of June 4th, I am off to Spain and will not be back until the middle of July.

That's right! The frugal foodie goes abroad! I am taking this whole 'step outside your box' to extreme lengths. I am very excited, I will be sure to experience many culinary adventures over there and contrary to the way some of my fellow travelers are preparing for the trip, Spain is just as developped as America and I will have access not only to electricity, but internet too ;)

So there is no need to worry, I will be in touch from afar!
As for the local goings on in Boston, there are a few highlights I should mention even though I will not be around to enjoy them.

First of all, as with the begining of every month, those of you who have your Godiva rewards card can go and pick out your free monthly chocolate. I will be doing this in an hour or so...

Secondly, and this is really difficult for me to say knowing very well that I will be missing out. The Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl is happening from the 8th to the 10th of June. This event is my absolute favorite...all-you-can-eat ice cream for an admission of 8 dollars...(you can usually get a dollar off if you text a number found in the Metro). Major ice cream companies show up to this event and it is just a beautiful three days...please go on my part and eat a few extra scoops.

On the drinking front, SushiTeq, located at the Intercontinental Hotel, will be hosting tequila tuesdays from today through Sept 4th. This is a very exciting event, especially for those of you who enjoy tequila...Every tuesday, there will be a complimentary sampling of tequila along with all the other ingredients needed to induce proper Mexican flair. In other words, professional salsa dancers will be present along with the appropriate salsa music and salsa lessons! I can only imagine what these tuesdays will turn into...Luckily, this event will be ongoing once I return, so I will be able to experience it in the flesh!

There are probably many other fabulous food events going on for this month. If you know of any please let me know...I will do my best from Beautiful Spain!!

As always...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment