Friday, December 23, 2011

A Christmas Alert

It is very difficult to get into the 'Holiday Spirit' when it is practically tropical outside.. I realised yesterday that most of my gift shopping is not done and the reason I have felt little to no pressure is largely that Christmas feels at least a month away...surprise! It is the day after tomorrow, making matters even more pressing is the fact that many of my friends are off home for a quick Merry trip home so I need to get them their gifts tomorrow!

At least there are reminders around me in terms of festive culinary specials...Eggnog Lattes from your local coffee shop are always a plus, as are gingerbread truffles conveniently available throughout the holiday season from Godiva...Yumm! (If you have not picked up your free truffle, there is still time this month to sign up as a Rewards member :) ) Oh and the overwhelming presence of gingebread house making kits from Whole Foods  and Trader Joes. (Note to self - must pick one up for Sunday festivities!!)

So there is really no excuse for me to be so behind on my holiday shopping.
I hope most of you have not let the weather keep you in a strange no man's land in terms of seasonal orientation. If it has, let this be a reminder to you! A mayday of sorts to get out and finish up what's left..or at the very least, indulge in some Holiday treats!

And with that, I wish you a very Merry Christmas:)

No comments:

Post a Comment