Saturday, July 17, 2010

Paris, Je t'aime.



The title of this segment sums up the past few days in Paris. Simple pleasures, good food, beautiful history....a fabulous vacation.

For our final night, we will have a last taste of french cuisine and then head down to La Seine with our bottle of red and a pinch of nostalgia.

I would love to stay in Paris longer, I feel I have a certain affinity towards to the place. I believe I could someday live here and take up the Parisien lifestyle without too much difficulty. However, although my leaving is tinged with a sadness, it has been such a long time that I have been living out of a suitcase and my apartment in Boston resonates a very warm welcome.

For those of you who have not had the opportunity to epxerience the City of Lights and Love, if you get the chance, seize it!

The amazing sights and all the other great things I have touched on far outweigh any pompous parisiens should you encounter any...we were lucky, this was reduced to a minimum I think because the language is not a barrier for me.

Looking ahead, I do have a few cravings I need to satisfy upon arrival in the States. The first....you guessed it, a good American cheeseburger. To honour this, I will head straight to the Gallows on Washington street to try out their cheeseburger. I also have a new mid-summer resolution to push myself to try out new places and different things more often. Thank goodness I have some motivation, otherwise leaving this land of beauty and inspiration would be much, much harder!




No comments:

Post a Comment