Thursday, April 15, 2010

go loco - eat boloco!

Mexican fast food has been on the rise for the past few years. What started as a few small local taquerias has become something much bigger, especially in the States. In Boston, a Qdoba or Boloco is no rare commodity.
In my opinion it's a good thing though, because a 5 dollar burrito can get one through many a tough time.
However, I must say that I have a very special place in my belly for Boloco. Ever since their bout of 'free burrito' days, I have really come to appreciate their style and service. Boloco is in actual fact, a bostonian burrito company and it has a few quirks that set it apart from the other contestants in the burrito war.
Boloco has inventive burrito creations as well as the option to build your own. Better still, you can have your burrito mixings in a burrito, in a bowl, as a salad or in a mini size.
Funnily enough, I think one of the greatest things about Boloco doesn't even have to do with burritos...two words should do the trick: nutella milkshake. If you haven't had one of these yet, you need to.
There is also something about the way boloco relates to its community, there truly is a communal feel to this company...I mean, they even sent out an April fool's joke. How is that for community spirit!?

No comments:

Post a Comment