Friday, December 28, 2012

DRUNCH - at West Bridge

 Congratulations! You have successfully made it through the mad dash to Christmas. 
Although the excitement (and for some people, stress) of Xmas has passed, next on the list is New Year's.  For us at the Boston Ballet, we are in the midst of our final nut cracking stretch...
I admit, I have not yet solidified my plans for New Year's eve, however, I can proudly say that I have my plans set and ready for the morning after, and they involve a hearty feast, drunken lunch...or Drunch, at West Bridge restaurant in Kendall Square.

I think it is a comfort to know that regardless as to where my plans take me on New Year's Eve, I have a very solid plan to catch me on the 1st, and I cannot think of a better way to kick off the New Year than at one of my favorite restaurants.  I have been multiple times since it opened last spring and have enjoyed every one of my visits....especially seeing as each visit includes one of their infamous 'Egg in a Jar' numbers..pictured below.

For Drunch, West Bridge will be holding three seatings; 1 pm, 3 pm and 5 pm.   With the very reasonable price of 36 dollars a head, guests will be treated to a whole selection of exciting and delicious options.  The main attraction will surely be the carving stations featuring whole hay roasted sirloin and maple and bourbon goose.  Alongside of these beauties will be confit potatoes and pickled slaw.  On top of that, guests can select one more entree dish from a menu created specially for the occasion.  Think biscuits and sweetbread gravy..or ham and cheese waffles with whipped bechamel and maple syrup perhaps?

Bar manager Josh Taylor will also be serving a signature New Year's day remedy, and this in particular has me very intrigued. A cocktail remedy? Sounds a bit like an oxymoron...
For me, a Drunch date at West Bridge will be a celebration of more than just the first day of 2013, it will be a cheers to a successful Nutcracker run, the start of a much deserved two weeks off and most of all, it will be an introduction to West Bridge for my dad, who will be visiting me from Liverpool, UK!
Call 617-945-0221 to reserve your spot now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment